On Wednesday the 5th of February, New College Stamford hosted the AHT Regional Heat. AHT, the Association of Hairdressers and Therapists, host annual student competitions that are of national level.
Students can compete in competitions that specialize in a style, like bridal or 1980s make-up, or other general competitions like "Editorial Make-up" or "Ladies Hairstyling".
Congratulations to the following students who won awards:
- Reja Zaveckyte and Jade Brannan - Bridal - 1st Place
- Alice King - Editorial Make-up - 1st Place
- Ella Ling - Ladies Cut & Blow Dry - 1st Place
- Caitlin Penny - Nail Art - 2nd Place
- Ella Ling - Blow Dry - 2nd Place
- Georgie Warrener and Amelia Hind - Bridal - 2nd Place
- Emily Richards - Gender Transformation - 2nd Place
- Libby Allwood - 1980s Make-up - 3rd Place
- Evie Twell - Gender Transformation - 3rd Place
- Kerry Chapman - Face Painting - 3rd Place
- Libby Taylor Jones and Emily Richards - Bridal - 3rd Place
- Jessica Collen - Editorial Make-up - 3rd Place
- Ryan Dacre - Ladies Cut & Blow Dry - 3rd Place
We would just like to congratulate all the students and staff members who have worked so hard over the last year in order to really be able to succeed. You have all represented New College Stamford amazingly and we couldn’t be prouder!