Practical Vs Theory
This course is designed to give you a comprehension insight into a career in Uniformed Public Services such as the Army, Royal Navy, Royal Air Force, Police and Ambulance Service. You will take part in a programme of outdoor activities to develop your technical and transferable skills, leadership, communication, confidence, resilience, reliability, adaptability and teamwork to enable you ro be successful in your application in the public service area of your choice. The course will also require you to undertake work experience and volunteering units.
What Does The Programme Include
You will learn through a variety of methods including lecture based theory sessions, practical classroom activities, simulated exercises and fitness and gym sessions, guest speakers and external visits.
5 GCSEs at grades 4/C and must include English and maths, or a Merit in Public Services Diploma Level 2 with English and maths at grades 4/C or above. If you don’t achieve the required grades, you will be moved onto the level 2 Public Services course.
Need to re-sit? No problem. If you don’t achieve a grade 4/C in GCSE maths or English, you’ll re-sit the exams with us and we’ll help you prepare.
Course fees — £150.00
Uniform — https://www.totalclothingshop.co.uk/stamfordc
Additional options: DofE and ADC (ADC learners will undertake a Level 3 Extended Certificate – 1 A level equivalent)
We will review each application on a case-by-case basis to ensure you get a place on the course most suitable for you.
One of the ways we do this is through a very effective ?‘6 weeks to success programme’ that operates from the first day you start your course. This includes support such as (but not limited to):
· Allowing you to change courses if you change your mind in the first 6 weeks ‑subject to availability
· Moving you between course levels if you are finding your current level too easy / too hard? — ?subject to availability
· One-to-one reviews with your academic tutor to ensure you are progressing and achieving well
Our course enquiries and admissions team are available at enquiriestamford.ac.uk should you have any further questions.
How The Course Will Be Assessed
There are no exams for this course. You will be assessed through written assignments, presentations and practical tasks.
You will be required to be in uniform throughout your days in college in both theory and practical sessions. This will be at a cost of £120 for a basic package with the opportunity to purchase other items if you desire. Course fees will be £100 for the year. This will cover adventurous activities and an expedition trips outside of college. You will also require a pair of sports trainers (no fashion flat soled footwear). You will be required to attend each lesson with a folder, dividers, plastic wallets and stationary. More information and details will be given at interview.
Potential Future Career
On successful completion of this course, you can progress to university to study degrees in Policing, Law, Criminology, Politics, War and Terrorism Studies or to a range of careers in the Uniformed Public Services.
Units selected from:
- Citizen and Diversity (Pearson-set)
- Behaviour and Discipline in the Uniformed Protective Services — exam during year 1
- Global Affairs, the Media and the Uniformed Protective Services
- Physical Preparation, Health and Wellbeing
- Teamwork, Leadership and Communication in the Uniformed Protective Services
- Government and the Protective Services — exam during year 2
- Planning for and Responding to Emergency Incidents
- Custodial Care
- Sociological Perspectives
- Skills for Outdoor Activities and the Uniformed Protective Services
- Expedition Skills
- Developing Personal Fitness Programmes
- Introduction to Criminology
- Principles of Managing Security Threats
- Police Powers and the Law
- Research Skills in the Uniformed Protective Services
- Understanding the Third Sector
- Criminal Investigation Procedures and Practice
- Professional Development in the Uniformed Protective Services
- Technological Systems to Support Service Delivery
My course fast tracked my dream career as a Police Officer. I work as a Police Special in my spare time, and I’ve been accepted on a BSc (Hons) Crime and Investigative Degree!