Practical Vs Theory
As we see an increasingly ageing population, the number of adults needing around-the-clock care is on the rise. As well as the need for medical care, there is also a need for high levels of personal care to allow those who need support to live as comfortably as possible. This qualification focuses on developing a person-centred approach to delivering high levels of personal care.
This qualification aims to:
- Focus on the study of personal care needs in the health and social care sectors
- Offer breadth and depth of study, incorporating a key core of knowledge
The objective of this qualification is to:
- Give learners specialist knowledge of how to support an individual with personal care needs
How The Course Will Be Assessed
You will be assessed via a portfolio of evidence.
Potential Future Career
On successful completion of this qualification, you could progress to:
- Level 3 Award in Health and Social Care
- Level 3 Certificate in Health and Social Care
- Level 3 Diploma in Health and Social Care
You will study the following:
- Understand person-centred care
- Understand how to support personal hygiene
- Understand foot care for individuals
- Understand how to support individuals to maintain oral health
- Understand pressure area care
- Understand sepsis
Studying my A Levels at New College Stamford has given me the hands-on expertise and skills to help me start training for my dream career as a Trauma Surgeon!