Practical Vs Theory
This qualification provides an ideal taster for those who may be considering a career within the retail sector.
The retail industry is subject to a number of pressures. These include changes in shopping habits and the recent economic downturn which reduced consumer spending. However, as consumer confidence begins to grow, it is important that retail support staff are fully trained and equipped to represent your business and to meet the needs of your customers.
As removing staff from the ‘shop floor’ applies pressure to rotas, this training can be carried out in the learner’s own time via our tried and tested flexible learning approach.
You need to be aged 19 or over at the start of the current academic year to be able to enrol on one of our Distance Learning courses.
You will also need to be working at or above Level 1 in English.
We will assess your level of English before we enrol you onto the course and can signpost you to our Functional Skills English courses to upskill if necessary.
Fees, Finance & Funding
Potential Future Career
On successful completion of this qualification, you could progress to:
- Level 2 Diploma in Retail Skills
- Level 3 Certificate in Retail Knowledge
To be awarded the Level 2 Certificate in Understanding Retail Operations, learners are required to successfully complete 8 units:
- Unit 01 Understanding customer service in the retail sector
- Unit 02 Understanding the retail selling process
- Unit 03 Understanding how individuals and teams contribute to the effectiveness of a retail business
- Unit 04 Understanding how a retail business maintains health and safety on its premises
- Unit 05 Understanding retail consumer law
- Unit 06 Understand how to deal with customer queries and complaints in a retail environment
- Unit 07 — Understanding the handling of customer payments in retail business
- Unit 08 Understanding the control, receipt and storage of stock in a retail business
Studying at the college has provided me with skills to secure an unconditional offer to study Marketing and Advertising at Leeds Beckett University.