Practical Vs Theory
The purpose of this qualification is to allow learners to demonstrate their understanding of data protection and data security and it will help learners progress to a work role where data protection and data security knowledge is required.
Data protection compliance is an essential legal requirement for all organisations. Since the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) came into force in May 2018, it is more vital than ever that everyone who works with personal data understands the laws and acts in compliance, as the penalties can be severe.
You need to be aged 19 or over at the start of the current academic year to be able to enrol on one of our Distance Learning courses.
You will also need to be working at or above Level 1 in English.
We will assess your level of English before we enrol you onto the course and can signpost you to our Functional Skills English courses to upskill if necessary.
Fees, Finance & Funding
Potential Future Career
On successful completion of this qualification, you could progress to:
- Level 2 Certificate in Understanding Tenant Support in Social Housing
- Level 2 Certificate in Understanding Safeguarding and Prevent
To be awarded the Level 2 Certificate in Understanding Data Protection and Data Security, learners are required to successfully complete 4 units:
- Unit 01 Current data protection legislation, and how it is applied
- Unit 02 Organisational procedures concerning data
- Unit 03 Possible threats to ICT systems and data, and how to protect against them
- Unit 04 Consequences of not protecting data, and the impact of possible breaches.
Gained professional experience in the College’s restaurant, The Gallery Kitchen, and was able to secure a part time job at one of Stamford’s high-class restaurants — The William Cecil.