Practical Vs Theory
This qualification provides learners with the knowledge and understanding of business improvement techniques which can be applied across many different sectors. Improving business performance is vital for any business.
Making improvements that are more efficient — such as saving on time or costs — can have huge benefits to an organisation, particularly in competitive business environments. This qualification aims to build knowledge on the study of business improvement techniques, including workplace organisation, building effective teams and managing working relationships.
It will also teach the importance of improving processes and procedures using visual management systems and flow process analysis.
You need to be aged 19 or over at the start of the current academic year to be able to enrol on one of our Distance Learning courses.
You will also need to be working at or above Level 1 in English.
We will assess your level of English before we enrol you onto the course and can signpost you to our Functional Skills English courses to upskill if necessary.
Fees, Finance & Funding
Potential Future Career
On successful completion of this qualification, you could progress to:
- Level 2 NVQ Diploma in Business Improvement Techniques
- Level 3 qualifications in Business Improvement Techniques
To be awarded the Level 2 Certificate in Understanding Business Improvement Techniques, learners are required to successfully complete 6 units:
- Unit 01 Safe and effective team working
- Unit 02 Principles and techniques that support workplace organisation
- Unit 03 An understanding of continuous improvement techniques (Kaizen) and their application in the workplace
- Unit 04 How to use visual management systems
- Unit 05 Problem-solving techniques
- Unit 06 How to carry out flow process analysis
Not only do I get to work with real animals, but I’ve gained the skills and qualifications to study Veterinary Nursing at University!