Practical Vs Theory
This qualification is designed for learners to enter or progress from entry roles in the Warehousing and Storage industries and will provide the underpinning knowledge necessary to support them in their role in this sector.
The warehousing and storage of goods is an essential part of logistics operations within a business. Roles within this industry require great skill and organisation to coordinate the demand and supply of goods and ultimately meet customer needs.
You need to be aged 19 or over at the start of the current academic year to be able to enrol on one of our Distance Learning courses. You will also need to be working at or above Level 1 in English.
We will assess your level of English before we enrol you onto the course and can signpost you to our Functional Skills English courses to upskill if necessary.
Fees, Finance & Funding
Potential Future Career
On successful completion of this qualification, you could progress to:
- Level 3 Award in Warehousing
- Level 3 Diploma in Warehousing and Storage
To be awarded the Level 2 Certificate in the Principles of Warehousing and Storage, learners are required to successfully complete 5 units:
- Unit 01 Introduction to warehousing and storage
- Unit 02 Understand how to receive and store goods
- Unit 03 Understand how to process orders and prepare them for dispatch
- Unit 04 Understand how to check stock and update records
- Unit 05 Customer service in warehousing and storage
Providing treatments to real, paying clients at college allowed me to gain the skills I needed to secure a full-time role as Beauty Therapist at Orton Hall Spa!