Practical Vs Theory
The purpose of the Level 2 Certificate in Cyber Security is to provide learners with sector awareness and it will do this by introducing the knowledge and understanding in roles and issues relating to Cyber Security as well as acting as a stepping stone into studying Cyber Security at a higher level.
In an increasingly digital world, cyber security is fast becoming a main concern for many organisations. With complex online scams and cyber crime, it’s essential that organisations have an understanding of preventative measures to maintain cyber security, including techniques and security checks needed to store data securely.
This online course is a key starting point for anyone looking to begin their career in cyber security.
You need to be aged 19 or over at the start of the current academic year to be able to enrol on one of our Distance Learning courses.
You will also need to be working at or above Level 1 in English.
We will assess your level of English before we enrol you onto the course and can signpost you to our Functional Skills English courses to upskill if necessary.
Fees, Finance & Funding
Potential Future Career
On successful completion of this qualification, you could progress to:
- Level 3 Certificate in Cyber Security Practices
- Level 3 Award in Cyber Security Leadership
To be awarded the Level 2 Certificate in the Principles of Cyber Security, learners are required to successfully complete 6 units:
- Unit 01 Introduction to cyber security
- Unit 02 Understand terminology used in cyber security
- Unit 03 Understand legal and ethical aspects of cyber security
- Unit 04 Understand common threats to cyber security
- Unit 05 Understand methods of maintaining cyber security
- Unit 06 Working with others in cyber security
Courtney, who achieved D*D*D, said, “My College tutors helped me get the grades I got which helped me secure an apprenticeship working in the PE department at a Peterborough school.”