Practical Vs Theory
This qualification is designed to provide learners with the knowledge and understanding required to successfully lead a team within a workplace and is suitable for those who are already in a team leader position or for anyone wishing to progress to this role.
Strong team leadership is essential for providing guidance, direction and instruction within a group and inevitably leads to more effective teamwork and more motivated employees. Being able to manage a team effectively is critical in the current job market, where employee productivity and team outcomes are closely monitored.
You need to be aged 19 or over at the start of the current academic year to be able to enrol on one of our Distance Learning courses.
You will also need to be working at or above Level 1 in English.
We will assess your level of English before we enrol you onto the course and can signpost you to our Functional Skills English courses to upskill if necessary.
Fees, Finance & Funding
Potential Future Career
On successful completion of this qualification, you could progress to:
- Level 3 Certificate in Principles of Management
- Level 3 Diploma in Management Skills and Knowledge
To be awarded the Level 2 Certificate in Principles of Team Leading, learners are required to successfully complete 8 units:
- Unit 01 Principles of team leading
- Unit 02 Understand business
- Unit 03 Understand how to communicate work-related information
- Unit 04 Understand how to deliver customer service and resolve problems
- Unit 05 Understand how to develop working relationships with colleagues
- Unit 06 Introduction to coaching
- Unit 07 Introduction to mentoring
- Unit 08 Understand personal development
The real hands-on skills I’ve gained working with species at College has allowed me to continue my studies and become a Veterinary Nurse.