Practical Vs Theory
This qualification provides the underpinning knowledge required by employees to work in a range of customer service roles and learners will gain essential knowledge of how to carry out tasks such as managing information and supporting events.
In order to have a truly successful business, you need to provide good customer service. It is believed that 96% of unhappy customers don’t ever complain; however, 91% of those simply leave and never come back.
The main reason for customer churn is not price but bad customer service. Handling a business’s issues in a professional and courteous manner is an essential day-to-day task.
You need to be aged 19 or over at the start of the current academic year to be able to enrol on one of our Distance Learning courses.
You will also need to be working at or above Level 1 in English.
We will assess your level of English before we enrol you onto the course and can signpost you to our Functional Skills English courses to upskill if necessary.
Fees, Finance & Funding
Potential Future Career
On successful completion of this qualification, you could progress to:
- Level 2 Diploma in Customer Service
- Level 3 Certificate in Principles of Customer Service
To be awarded the Level 2 Certificate in Principles of Customer Service, learners are required to successfully complete 7 units:
- Unit 01 Principles of customer service and delivery
- Unit 02 Understand customers
- Unit 03 Understand employer organisations
- Unit 04 Understand how to communicate with customers
- Unit 05 Understand how to develop customer relationships
- Unit 06 Understand how to resolve problems and deliver customer service to challenging customers
- Unit 07 Understand how to develop working relationships with colleagues
Working alongside the English Limestone Company and the variety of materials in our workshop broadens my knowledge and experience for the world of work!