Practical Vs Theory
This qualification will provide learners with a range of underpinning knowledge in both generic and specialist cleaning principles.
With a UK industry turnover estimated at £4.7 billion in 2011, cleaning is one of the largest business sectors in the UK. It underpins many aspects of life today and is essential for the prevention of disease and spread of infection.
People actively seek out clean, safe and comfortable environments, so having a highly skilled cleaning workforce is essential.
You need to be aged 19 or over at the start of the current academic year to be able to enrol on one of our Distance Learning courses.
You will also need to be working at or above Level 1 in English.
We will assess your level of English before we enrol you onto the course and can signpost you to our Functional Skills English courses to upskill if necessary.
Fees, Finance & Funding
Potential Future Career
On successful completion of this qualification, you could progress to:
- Level 2 Certificate for Cleaning and Support Services
- Skills Level 2 Certificate in Cleaning Knowledge and Skills
To be awarded the Level 2 Certificate in Cleaning Principles, learners are required to successfully complete 4 units:
- Unit 01 Dealing with routine and non-routine waste
- Unit 02 Health and safety for the cleaning and support services industry
- Unit 03 Working with others in the cleaning and support services industry
- Unit 04 Cleaning of interiors and washrooms
Work experience placements linking to laws and legislation has allowed me to successfully secure an unconditional offer to study Business and Law at University.