Practical Vs Theory
This qualification is designed for learners who want to improve their knowledge of the functions of housing associations and ways in which their tenants can be supported.
Over 4 million people in the UK live in social housing, and with some social housing tenants being at their most vulnerable, it’s important that anyone working in the sector has a sound understanding of the range of services provided by social housing, the issues that tenants might face, and how to correctly record and report any problems.
You need to be aged 19 or over at the start of the current academic year to be able to enrol on one of our Distance Learning courses.
You will also need to be working at or above Level 1 in English.
We will assess your level of English before we enrol you onto the course and can signpost you to our Functional Skills English courses to upskill if necessary.
Fees, Finance & Funding
Potential Future Career
On successful completion of this qualification, you could progress to:
- Level 2 Certificate in Equality and Diversity
- Level 2 Certificate in Understanding Domestic Abuse
To be awarded the Level 2 Certificate in Understanding Tenant Support in Social Housing, learners are required to successfully complete 5 units:
- Unit 01 Introduction to the social housing sector
- Unit 02 Understand the principles of safeguarding and equality and diversity
- Unit 03 Understand mental and physical ill health
- Unit 04 Understand reasons for problematic behaviour
- Unit 05 Understand issues affecting isolated tenants
The Air and Defence Course opened my eyes to loads of amazing opportunities, it helped me gain the skills and confidence for my apprenticeship with BAE Systems.