Practical Vs Theory
This qualification aims to give learners knowledge of different Specific Learning Difficulties including how they are diagnosed and how individuals can be supported. Having a learning difficulty means that people find it harder to learn certain skills.
As this affects around 15% of people, it is important for those working in healthcare, social care and education to have knowledge of different Specific Learning Difficulties such as ADHD, dyslexia and dyscalculia.
You need to be aged 19 or over at the start of the current academic year to be able to enrol on one of our Distance Learning courses.
You will also need to be working at or above Level 1 in English.
We will assess your level of English before we enrol you onto the course and can signpost you to our Functional Skills English courses to upskill if necessary.
Fees, Finance & Funding
Potential Future Career
On successful completion of this qualification, you could progress to:
- Level 2 Certificate in Principles of Working with Individuals with Learning Disabilities
- Level 2 Certificate in Understanding Autism
To be awarded the Level 2 Certificate in Understanding Specific Learning Difficulties, learners are required to successfully complete 5 units:
- Unit 01 Understand specific learning difficulties
- Unit 02 Understand the effects of specific learning difficulties
- Unit 03 Understand the diagnosis of specific learning difficulties
- Unit 04 Understanding supporting individuals with specific learning difficulties
- Unit 05 Understand the context of specific learning difficulties
I’ve received an offer to study Law at the University of York which is credit to the varied modules and real insight the course has given me in to the business industry.