Practical Vs Theory
This qualification has been designed for learners who are working within the health and social care sector and are looking to gain specialist knowledge and understanding of personal care needs.
As we see an increasingly ageing population, the number of adults needing around-the-clock care is on the rise. As well as the need for medical care, there is also a need for high levels of personal care to allow those who need support to live as comfortably as possible.
This qualification focuses on developing a person-centred approach to delivering high levels of personal care.
You need to be aged 19 or over at the start of the current academic year to be able to enrol on one of our Distance Learning courses. You will also need to be working at or above Level 1 in English.
We will assess your level of English before we enrol you onto the course and can signpost you to our Functional Skills English courses to upskill if necessary.
Fees, Finance & Funding
Potential Future Career
On successful completion of this qualification, you could progress to:
- Level 2 and 3 Certificate in Preparing to Work in Adult Social Care
- Level 2 and 3 Certificate for Working in the Health Sector
To be awarded the Level 2 Certificate in Understanding Personal Care Needs, learners are required to successfully complete 6 units:
- Unit 01 Understand person-centred care
- Unit 02 Understand how to support personal hygiene
- Unit 03 Understand foot care for individuals
- Unit 04 Understand how to support individuals to maintain oral health
- Unit 05 Understand pressure area care
- Unit 06 Understand sepsis
The course has allowed me to undertake a work placement at Paphos Zoo in Cyprus to further study animals in different climates.