Practical Vs Theory
This qualification is designed for a wide range of learners with some existing knowledge of this area who are interested in improving their understanding of nutrition and health and is ideal for those who have responsibility for planning and preparing meals for others.
The number of obese people in the UK has more than trebled in the last 25 years, reaching what many doctors believe to be ‘epidemic’ proportions.
Insufficient nutrition can lead to a variety of health-threatening conditions; understanding the benefits of a balanced diet and the role of nutrition in the prevention and treatment of disease is fundamental.
You need to be aged 19 or over at the start of the current academic year to be able to enrol on one of our Distance Learning courses.
You will also need to be working at or above Level 1 in English.
We will assess your level of English before we enrol you onto the course and can signpost you to our Functional Skills English courses to upskill if necessary.
Fees, Finance & Funding
Potential Future Career
On successful completion of this qualification, you could progress to:
- Level 3 Diploma in Healthcare Support Services
- Level 3 Diploma in Health and Social Care
To be awarded the Level 2 Certificate in Understanding Nutrition and Health, learners are required to successfully complete 6 units:
- Unit 01 Explore principles of healthy eating
- Unit 02 Consider nutritional needs of a variety of individuals
- Unit 03 Use food and nutrition information to plan a healthy diet
- Unit 04 The principles of weight management
- Unit 05 Understanding eating disorders
- Unit 06 Principles of food safety for the home environment
Olivia, who achieved A*, said, “Studying at Stamford College gave me a strong start on the road to my career. I have now landed a dream job working at a nursery.”