Practical Vs Theory
This qualification is designed to increase learners’ awareness and understanding of behaviour that challenges and its effects on different individuals.
Challenging behaviour is causing increasing concern today as many individuals have increasing levels of stress and uncertainty in their lives. This behaviour can be due to factors such as anxiety, neglect, abuse, learning disabilities and conditions like dementia.
Understanding the causes of challenging behaviour is the first step towards finding ways to support individuals and manage their behaviour.
You need to be aged 19 or over at the start of the current academic year to be able to enrol on one of our Distance Learning courses.
You will also need to be working at or above Level 1 in English.
We will assess your level of English before we enrol you onto the course and can signpost you to our Functional Skills English courses to upskill if necessary.
Fees, Finance & Funding
Potential Future Career
On successful completion of this qualification, you could progress to:
- Level 2 Certificate in Principles of Working with Individuals with Learning Disabilities
- Level 2 Certificate in Understanding Autism
To be awarded the Level 2 Certificate in Understanding Behaviour that Challenges, learners are required to successfully complete 4 units:
- Unit 01 Understand behaviour that challenges
- Unit 02 Understand how to support positive behaviour
- Unit 03 Understand the importance of effective communication and the management of behaviour that challenges
- Unit 04 Understand the role of reflection and support for those involved in incidents of behaviour that challenges
Studying Carpentry has provided me the knowledge to progress to a degree in Construction at University Centre Stamford, and pursue a career in Site Management.