Practical Vs Theory
This qualification provides an ideal taster for those who may be considering a career within Adult Social Care. The need for adult social care continues to rise at a time when the system supporting that care is rapidly and significantly changing.
With around 1.5 million people working in adult social care in England, care workers need up-to-date support and guidance in order to provide adequate person-centred care.
You need to be aged 19 or over at the start of the current academic year to be able to enrol on one of our Distance Learning courses.
You will also need to be working at or above Level 1 in English.
We will assess your level of English before we enrol you onto the course and can signpost you to our Functional Skills English courses to upskill if necessary.
Fees, Finance & Funding
Potential Future Career
On successful completion of this qualification, you could progress to:
- Level 3 Diploma in Healthcare Support Services
- Level 3 Diploma in Health and Social Care
To be awarded the Level 2 Certificate in Preparing to Work in Adult Social Care, learners are required to successfully complete 9 units:
- Unit 01 Principles of communication
- Unit 02 Principles of personal development
- Unit 03 Principles of diversity, equality and inclusion
- Unit 04 Principles of safeguarding and protection
- Unit 05 Introduction to duty of care
- Unit 06 Understand the role of the social care worker
- Unit 07 Understand person-centred approaches
- Unit 08 Understand health and safety
- Unit 09 Understand how to handle information
I’ve gained skills and confidence to progress onto a catering course where I can gain a career in the Catering.