Practical Vs Theory
This qualification provides an opportunity to study a range of topics relating to child care and keeping children safe.
All children and young people deserve to be safe and well cared for within a safe and protective family. However, unfortunately this is not always the case. With over 50,000 children identified as needing protection from abuse in the UK, it is important that those working in the care sector understand the risks of abusive and exploitative behaviour that some children experience.
Knowing what strategies are used to protect them from this behaviour, whilst following procedures, is essential to helping those affected.
You need to be aged 19 or over at the start of the current academic year to be able to enrol on one of our Distance Learning courses. You will also need to be working at or above Level 1 in English.
We will assess your level of English before we enrol you onto the course and can signpost you to our Functional Skills English courses to upskill if necessary.
Fees, Finance & Funding
Potential Future Career
On successful completion of this qualification, you could progress to:
- Level 2 Certificate for the Children and Young People’s Workforce
- Level 2 Certificate in Understanding Children and Young People’s Mental Health
To be awarded the Level 2 Certificate in Introducing Caring for Children and Young People, learners are required to successfully complete 7 units:
- Unit 01 Young children’s development
- Unit 02 Safeguarding the welfare of children and young people
- Unit 03 Respecting and valuing children
- Unit 04 Use food and nutrition information to plan a healthy diet
- Unit 05 Importance of play for early learning
- Unit 06 The value of play to young children
- Unit 07 Sharing learning experiences with children
The expert training and experience I’ve gained working in the Colleges Inspire Salon has improved my confidence and technique and saw me awarded ‘Student of Excellence’ by Ragdale Hall Spa.