Practical Vs Theory
This qualification is suitable for those working or looking to work in a range of roles where the provision of information advice or guidance is a requirement and will enable learners to apply these skills within their own work context.
Offering clear and accurate information, advice or guidance and knowing what can be shared legally and professionally can greatly improve outcomes for a business. There are some fundamental rules for successful information sharing and ensuring staff are aware of these is key.
You need to be aged 19 or over at the start of the current academic year to be able to enrol on one of our Distance Learning courses.
You will also need to be working at or above Level 1 in English.
We will assess your level of English before we enrol you onto the course and can signpost you to our Functional Skills English courses to upskill if necessary.
Fees, Finance & Funding
Potential Future Career
On successful completion of this qualification, you could progress to:
- Level 2 Certificate in Counselling Skills
- Level 3 Diploma in Counselling Skills
To be awarded the Level 2 Certificate in Information, Advice or Guidance, learners are required to successfully complete 5 units:
- Unit 01 Information, advice or guidance in practice
- Unit 02 Developing interaction skills for information, advice or guidance
- Unit 03 Signposting and referral in information, advice or guidance
- Unit 04 Information, advice or guidance – context
- Unit 05 Managing information
“Air & Defence College helped me to recognise my potential. With support, I’ve now achieved the career I always wanted, and I am now serving as RAF Logistics Supplier.”