Practical Vs Theory
Data protection compliance is an essential legal requirement for all organisations. Since the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) came into force in May 2018, it is more vital than ever that everyone who works with personal data understands the laws and acts in compliance, as the penalties can be severe.
This qualification is suitable for learners aged 19 and above.
The purpose of this qualification is to allow learners to demonstrate understanding of data protection and data security. It will help learners progress to a work role where data protection and data security knowledge is required.
How The Course Will Be Assessed
Entry is at the discretion of the Centre. However, learners should be aged at least 16 to undertake the qualification.
There are no specific recommended prior learning requirements for this qualification. However, learners may find it helpful if they’ve already achieved a Level 1 qualification.
For more information contact Jobsmart on:
Tel: 01733 863068
Potential Future Career
On successful completion of this qualification, you could progress to:
- Level 3 Certificate in Principles of Business Admin
- Level 3 Certificate in Principles of Customer Service
You will study the following:
- Current data protection legislation, and how it is applied
- Organisational procedures concerning data
- Possible threats to ICT systems and data, and how to protect against them
- Consequences of not protecting data, and the impact of possible breaches
NCS are one of the few colleges that offer Level 1,2 and 3 courses. Which means I can now do anything from working in garages to studying at Uni!