Practical Vs Theory
The aim of this course is to provide various opportunities to enhance your current counselling skills and help you build new ones.
Start Date: Week commencing 11th September 2023
Days and times: Thursdays 1.30pm to 4.30pm
What Does The Programme Include
The course delivery is very interactive and uses innovative up to date practices.
How The Course Will Be Assessed
You will create portfolios that will be internally and externally assessed. These comprise a combination of practical work, work sheets and essays. You will be supported throughout the programme to enable you to do these.
Fees, Finance & Funding
This Level 3 course does not qualify you to practice as a Counsellor. However, people on this course have developed their careers in:
- Customer Service Roles
- Advice and Guidance
- Health and Social Care
- Team Leading
Potential Future Career
Successful completion of this course will allow you to progress to the Diploma in Therapeutic Counselling Edexcel Level 5 course.
Upon successful completion of this qualification you could also progress to:
- Level 3 qualifications in Workplace Mentoring
- Level 3 and 4 qualifications in Advice and Guidance
Progression to Higher Level Studies
This qualification aims to provide you with a number of progression options, including higher level studies at university or FE colleges. The skills required to progress to higher academic studies are different from those required at Levels 1 and 2, but Level 3 qualifications enable the development of these skills. Although there is no single definition of higher level learning skills, they include:
- checking and testing information
- supporting your points with evidence
- self-directed study
- thinking for yourself
- analysing and synthesising information/materials
- critical thinking and problem solving
- working collaboratively
- reflecting upon learning and identifying improvements
Level 3 criteria can require you to analyse, draw conclusions, interpret or justify, which are all examples of higher level skills. This means that evidence provided for the portfolio will also demonstrate the development and use of higher level learning skills.
- Unit 01 Developing and practising counselling skills
- Unit 02 Understanding different approaches to the use of counselling skills
- Unit 03 Working ethically in helping relationships
- Unit 04 Understanding the importance of self-development in relation to helping others.