Practical Vs Theory
Mental health problems affect around 1 in 10 children and young people. These issues include depression, anxiety and conduct disorder and can often be a direct response to occurrences in their lives. Emotional wellbeing is just as important as a child’s mental health, therefore it is important for those working with children and young people to have a good understanding of the concepts, risk factors and impact of mental health.
The aim of this qualification is to increase the learner’s knowledge and awareness of children and young people’s mental health. By completing the qualification, learners will develop knowledge of mental health in children and young people which would support progresson onto further qualifications and into relevant employment in the health and social care or education sectors.
How The Course Will Be Assessed
You will be assessed via a porfolio of evidence.
Potential Future Career
On successful completion of this qualification, you could progress to:
- Level 3 Certificate in Understanding Mental Health
- Level 3 Award in the Awareness of Mental Capacity Act 2005
- Level 3 Diploma for the Children and Young People’s Workforce (England)
- Level 3 Award/Certificate/Diploma in Supporting Teaching and Learning in Schools
You will study the following:
- Understand children and young people’s mental health in context
- Understand factors which may affect children and young people’s mental health
- Understand children and young people’s mental health concerns
- Understand the impact of children and yound people’s mental health concerns
- Understand how to support children and young people with mental health concerns
Studying Travel and Tourism has allowed me to progress to Birmingham University to study a degree in Aviation Management.