Practical Vs Theory
There is an emerging global epidemic of diabetes. In the UK alone, 3.2 million people are diagnosed with the disease and an estimated 630,000 people have the condition but don’t know it. It is believed that deaths from diabetes will rise by more than 50% in the next ten years. Simple lifestyle measures can be effective in preventing or delaying the onset of this chronic, debilitating and often deadly disease
This qualification is designed for a wide range of learners who wish to gain an understanding of the care and management of diabetes.
This qualification is suitable for learners aged 19 and above.
Entry is at the discretion of the Centre. However, learners should be aged at least 16 to undertake the qualification.
There are no specific recommended prior learning requirements for this qualification. However, learners may find it helpful if they’ve already achieved a Level 1 qualification.
For more information contact Jobsmart on:
Tel: 01733 863068
Potential Future Career
Learners who achieve this qualification could progress to:
- Level 3 Certificate in Understanding the Care and Management of Diabetes
- Level 3 Certificate in Preparing to Work in Adult Social Care
- Level 3 Certificate for Working in the Health Sector
This qualification aims to:
- Provide an understanding of the different types of diabetes and how they can occur
- Develop awareness of how the onset of Type 2 diabetes can be delayed with lifestyle changes
- Develop understanding of diabetes diagnosis and initial care
- Develop understanding of ongoing care and treatment of diabetes to control blood sugar levels.
Health and Social Care gives you lots of different options I gained hand on experience I needed to secure two unconditional offers at University to study Psychology!